Friday, September 15, 2006

Naughty Cat

Like many women, I have a stash of what M calls my "dainties", i.e. the lacy novelty items that you break out to take a special evening to the next level. My personal stash lives in a drawer in our bedroom. Unfortunately for my dainties, my bedroom has another resident: the Fat Cat.

The Fat Cat's personal mission in life is to open drawers and take what is in them, out. As M says, "Long on how, short on why". This reminds me of when the Wee Cat used to steal drinking straws. She'd stealthily sneak up from under the table, snatch away your straw, and make sure it was safely on the floor. Then she was done. Didn't play with it, no further interest; she just needed to increase the entropy in our home.

The Fat Cat is similar in his drawer spelunking urge. He doesn't want to sit in the drawer, play with the clothes, or anything other than make what was in, out. Recently his obsession has been the dainties drawer. There's nothing sexier than seeing your lingerie in a big, cat created pile. My sex life feels so violated! Unfortunately, there's not really a solution, unless I begin locking up my dainties, as well as other drawer-stored items, in cat-safe storage. This seems unreasonable versus the relatively minimal effort it takes to restore order to my underthings. I will consider this a reminder of why we do not have children yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger C said...

the only way to punish fat cat is to dress him up in the stuff he steals.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Mollynonymous said...

I think that would be punishing me!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home