Monday, September 25, 2006

OMG WTF POLAR BEAR

Oy. This was supposed to be the week that things got easier for me at work. This week the new post-docs begin covering their own on-call days, meaning I only have 1 12-hour day a week instead of 2. However, at 9am this morning one of them dropped a bomb: she quit.

Now, not only am I working 2 on-call days this week, I am dealing with all of the fallout from her sudden departure. I was trying very hard to be present with everyone else's sadness this afternoon, but my primary emotion was anger. I was (and am) pissed! This is creating so much work for me right now, stress I really wasn't prepared for and don't quite feel capable of handling.

In addition, my body is on strike. Since last Thursday my left hip has been very painful, meaning I'm lurching around, unable to exercise (one of my major stress-relievers), and in chronic pain. I'm also coping with everyone's anxiety about doing their on-call work, and helping them with their initial consults and 5150 evaluations. O yeah, and I'm supposed to be a therapist to kids while all of this is going on.

Throw a little love my way- I need it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home