Friday, September 29, 2006

Been down so long it looks like up to me

*Please note that some of this post will be a recap of events in the previous post, due to the fact that Blogger never actually let me know that other post successfully uploaded.

I knew going into this month that it would be challenging. I had no idea how challenging. I have been totally overwhelmed for weeks on end by the volume of needs I've had to meet, on top of 2 on-call days and my client load. It's been very, well, challenging.

I was really looking forward to this week, because starting on Tuesday the new post-docs were beginning their own on-call days. "Only Mondays for me from now on!", I thought. Then, at 9am on Monday, one of the new post-docs quit.

FUCK!!!!

So now, here I am... still with 2 on-call days... interviewing new candidates... bracing to train the new person... still managing the anxiety of the 6 remaining new people, not to mention the staff... and, of course, fielding the various major and serious crises affecting my patients.

October, October, your sweet song sings in my ear, but will you ever arrive????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home