Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Head Case

Besides being my login on a number of sites where I wish to remain anonymous, "headcase" most accurately describes my state of being at the moment. I was in a conversation this morning where someone said their goal was to "reduce the crazy" present at work. Profound, given that we work in the Department of Psychiatry, and yet we are being driven out of our minds by bureacratic inefficiency.

In short: I am drowning in administrative bullshit. Do not smell me for the next few weeks- I assure you the stink will be staying with me. I am not very happy.

In addition, I am trying to work my personal life into this job somehow. To whit: I am planning to defend my dissertation next Thursday, which means I will be Dr. Mollynonymous by the end of the month. Revere me accordingly. I am also trying to look forward to the 3 day weekend M and I have planned for next weekend, but it's hard to look beyond the next 24 hours.

I used to love this job. I am really hoping a time will come when I love it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Hang in there, soon-to-be Dr. Molly!!!

I can't believe it! That is so amazing!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home