Thursday, December 07, 2006

Cookie Spritz

As some of you have found out, I love my cookie press. It is my friend. Even though it frequently doesn't work. Even though I change the recipe every time I use it. Even though I hate how fucking complicated it is to get the stupid cookie out of the press in decent shape.

I love it.

I recently made 3 batches of dough preparatory to making huge quantities of Christmas cookies that I am freezing. The idea was to avoid doing ten million baking tasks right before Christmas without losing out on oodles of homemade Christmas cookies.

I made lemon, almond, and "candycane" doughs. They were lovely. I made Captain Awesome smell and taste each batch while I proudly patted the dough ball and he rolled his eyes. I have made all but half of the candycane dough into cookies. Delicious, delicious, multitudinous, vaguely shaped cookies.

Why not use a cookie cutter? you might well ask. Because it's a Cookie Press, dude! Don't you get it? It's way cooler than rolling out the dough and cutting. And, in theory, faster. But not really.

Nevertheless, I have not given up on the hope, nay, the dream, that one day I will conquer my cookie press. And then, friends, oh, and then, the river of beautifully shaped, fragrantly scented cookies that will pour from my door!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home