Thursday, December 21, 2006

If This Theater is a-Rockin'...

Captain Awesome and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary yesterday by going to the San Francisco Ballet's production of The Nutcracker. And no, that was not a symbolic choice.

About 10 minutes into Act I the "cheap" (my ass they were cheap!) seats began dancing about, much like the folks on the stage. Murmuring- was this part of the production? Were we about to fall into the pit below? Were we all going to die in a stampede trying to exit the theater?

The dancers didn't appear to miss a beat- I'm guessing half of them were in mid-air when it happened anyway- so the audience settled down and moved on. CA and I, relatively assured of the structural integrity of the War Memorial Opera House, also settled in to watch the show.

I've lived in California my whole life, and this was a small - 3.6 - earthquake, but it was one of the more memorable ones I've been through! And, to give the inevitable terrible punchline to this story, we can definitely say the earth moved on our anniversary.

(I know, it was painful, but it had to be done)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home