Sunday, January 21, 2007

My aching piles

This weekend was a mixed bag.

On the one hand:
- I went to the Giants Fan Fest and took some fun pictures with Captain Awesome. We tooled around the stadium, bought a 6 pack of tickets for the coming season, and laughed at the anti-steroids sign up in the locker room.
- I got to spend Saturday with friends in the city and eat disgustingly awesome fried food
- CA and I took a very nice walk around SF
- Ruby slept on my back on Friday night
- I got to try out my new slow-cooker for the first time- Success!
- I stayed up until 1am Sunday morning watching Queen of the Damned on SciFi. (This might seem like it belongs in the other column, but I enjoyed myself!)

On the other:
- I had to stay late at work Friday night because the Friday on-call person was off doing an ERNIE assessment at an offsite clinic and another 5150 page came in.
- I didn't get to run a major errand due to my overtime duties
- I had to de-skin 3 huge chicken breasts to use my new slow-cooker. It was really gross.
- I had to study for my licensing exam, constantly confronting the vast region of space between me and being prepared to take the test.
- I got paged at 4:45pm on Sunday and had to go into the hospital to do a suicide assessment. For 2.5 hours. During the Colts-Patriots game.
- My reward for successfully using my slow-cooker ended up being that I had to then dismember the chicken breasts, spending a good portion of what remained of the evening fishing gobbets of bone and cartilage out of the pot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Everyone knows the only game that was worth watching was the Bears/Saints game, anyway... :)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home